Location: Santa Monica CA
Date Posted: 2018-03-20
Do you love advertising and how it’s changing in the 21st century? Do you want to help marketers figure out what to do in this ever-evolving environment? Are you obsessed with what Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Musical.ly and others are up to? Are you the rare bird that is both creative and business-oriented, who loves working on tough problems about how to best map social platforms to brand needs and consumer behavior to drive creative excellence?
If so, then you might be a Mistress Social Strategist.
The Mistress Junior Social Strategist will assess clients needs and think big to meet their business objectives through social media. This person should be team-oriented, proactive and have a strong collaborative voice to present and manage strategic ideas and executions. This person will work closely with the internal leadership teams to dig into clients’ businesses to elicit success. This person should always think strategically and find interesting ways to create social ideas and content that map back to the bigger picture. We’re looking for someone to push the envelope for our clients and ourselves to think outside of the box.
The Mistress Junior Social Strategist will be empowered with a team of support: Social Leads, Community Managers, Project Managers, Media PLanning & Buying, and award-winning creative teams. The Mistress Social Strategist has an opportunity to work directly with Partners and Senior Leadership.
The core tasks of the job are two-fold:
- Verify that all ideation and execution maps back to the clients brand strategy and platform
- Develop and communicate thoughtful creative strategies internally and directly with the client that pushes innovative thinking
- Take a lead role in determining social media strategies and concepts. Looks for ways to grow social account followings, increase engagement on social platforms, provide insights to the team on content performance, helps the creative team optimize for sharing/virality, help steer social marketing efforts.
- Help define successful KPIs, monitor and evolve KPIs based on the evolving landscape and client goals.
- Lead and inspire the team to embrace new and emerging formats, and explore creative opportunities outside the “Big 3” of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Ensure a steady level of experimentation is maintained. Helps brainstorm new ideas and devise test plans across the relevant platforms accordingly.
- Create, present, and be able to continually speak to industry trends, platform trends, and competitive positioning
- Identify and research emerging social networks. Makes recommendations on tools to increase efficiency.
- Regularly conduct competitor assessments and stay abreast of relevant industry benchmarks and assess the company’s relative performance on an ongoing basis.
- Provide strategic guidance for each social account with respect to tone, subject matter, frequency and timing of posts
- Create robust campaign analysis and communicate best practices to the internal teams
- Develop earned media strategies through the use of influencer outreach, and work closely with Accounts team to ensure paid media strategies are effectively integrated into each initiative
- Identify social media opportunities with existing and prospective clients and to cultivate those opportunities into new business
- 3 years of agency, social media/digital marketing, social media planning, social platform strategy development and account management work experience
- BA/BS Degree (Business or Marketing preferred) or demonstrated experience in a similar business environment
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing paid social media campaigns on various social platforms
- Understanding of social media landscape
- In-depth knowledge and experience navigating Facebook Insights, Power Editor, Ads Manager and conversion tools, Twitter ad dashboard, analytics and conversion tools, Pinterest analytics and third-party optimization tools
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to identify and quantify financial impact of opportunities with limited data
- Skilled at strategic and consultative sales and metrics driven sales
- Ability to work with external clients
- Results oriented and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fast Learner – Able to learn new programs and skills quickly
- Self-motivated and driven
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and able to prioritize tasks
- Personable, outgoing, and approachable
- Must Love Dogs
Get In Touch
Thank you for your interest in Mistress.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.