Location: Santa Monica CA
Date Posted: 2018-06-19
As a Mistress Senior Designer you will work closely the creative, design and brand teams on multiple projects. Projects will be in various stages of completion: some projects you will own completely from conception to execution, while other projects you will have to pick-up and support teams somewhere in the middle. Our design team is nimble, dedicated, organized, and accountable for final delivery for most creative assets.
As Mistress Senior Designer, you should be comfortable with conception and execution of design direction across multiple visual styles. You will possess strong composition skills, an almost O.C.D. eye for detail in typography, be comfortable working with photography, and well versed in both print and digital assets. You must also have the experience leading a project, using that experience to take projects to the next level by pushing what design can be and have the ability to present work both internally and to externally clients. Mistress will offer a great opportunity for you to showcase your skills across a variety of clients from tech, entertainment and quick serve restaurants.
- Follow concept and execute creative/design direction to produce multiple options for compelling results in both print and digital deliverables, on time and within budget
- Follow, concept and execute creative/design direction to create multiple size and venue formats for single creative applications quickly and in a highly organized fashion.
- Collaborate fluidly with creative team on ideation, exploration, concept development, and final execution in both print and digital deliverables
- Maintain consistent communication with Project Managers to ensure that all milestones and expectations are being met within scope boundaries
- Self-track time to ensure scope boundaries and timely delivery to client
- Support design team in general, including brand research, strategy assessment, stock photo searches, oversight of internal and external presentation decks, general design support, etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ design experience in a creative/ad agency with demonstrated results in a variety of formats (POS, OOH, social, branding and brand redesign)
- Proven expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects and Google Presentation Products
- Demonstrated high degree of proficiency in typography and visual composition is essential
- Strong organizational skills and hold a strong overview of the project and take responsibility for key elements
- Approach work with an open, flexible outlook and a focus on best results
- Calmness and coolness in the face of tight situations
- Able to discuss and present design work with clients and peers, both in face-to-face meetings and within email (or project management software)
- Familiarity with project management software (Wrike, Trello, or Slack)
- Flexibility to work with ever-changing timelines within strict global deadlines and scope/budget
Get In Touch
Thank you for your interest in Mistress.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.