Location: Santa Monica CA
Date Posted: 2018-01-19
The Associate Media Director will drive media strategy for online and offline channel initiatives including TV, Radio, OOH, direct partnerships, programmatic media buying, paid social and paid search while managing a team to consistently and successfully deliver the execution of complex programs. This position requires that the candidate be a self-starter, extremely organized, detail oriented and highly motivated. The successful candidate will also possess the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities while managing client expectations, timelines and coordination between various resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the day-to-day strategic integrated media planning and execution activities for assigned account(s)
- Help develop planning objectives and strategies that coincide with the client’s marketing direction
- Establish and grow client relationships by demonstrating both media expertise and an understanding of client business issues
- Achieve the financial goals of the account by managing costs, revenue, and scope of work in accordance with client contract
- Oversee budget allocation process for all media based on client initiatives and direction; accurately project costs and anticipate the financial results of plan revisions
- Monitor and optimize against media performance KPIs to deliver client objectives
- Develop POVs on various media in the marketplace
- Participate in strategy and plan development for new business pitches
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Work in a team environment that promotes collaboration and transparency
- Possess the willingness to work with and teach others within the group
- Lead by example assisting in all levels of the planning process
- Effectively communicate across all levels
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within and outside the immediate team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed awareness of media landscape, trends, and challenges
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of offline media: TV, Radio, Print, OOH, etc.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of digital media: Programmatic, Display, Mobile, Video, Search, Social, etc.
- Ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas looking outside the box
- Creative ability to partner with vendors to innovate and develop first to market opportunities
- Strong understanding of and familiarity with media tools and data sources
- Success in managing prior client accounts
- Strong written, presentation, analytic, quantitative/qualitative and verbal skills
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and managerial skills with attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years experience in Media Strategy or Planning, with both online and offline experience
- Strong client-facing presentation skills.
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Proven project management skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proven ability to develop strong professional relationships
Get In Touch
Thank you for your interest in Mistress.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.