Location: Santa Monica CA
Date Posted: 2018-01-18
Do you love advertising and how it’s changing in the 21st century? Do you want to help marketers figure out what to do in this ever-evolving environment? Are you obsessed with what Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Musical.ly and others are up to? Are you the rare bird that is both creative and business-oriented, who likes the disciplines of client services and new business while embracing the most creative aspects of social media?
If so, then you might be a Mistress Social Brand Manager.
The Mistress Social Brand Manager manages the day-to-day relationships with our social clients. This person should be team-oriented, proactive and have a strong, collaborative voice to manage and lead projects. This person will work closely with the internal leadership teams to dig into clients’ businesses to elicit client success and growth. >
This person should have a passion for the latest marketing and cultural trends as well as be able to identify new technologies and marketing tools. We’re looking for someone to push the envelope for our clients and ourselves in new directions.
The Mistress Social Brand Manager will be empowered with a team of support: Social Strategists, Community Managers, Project Managers, Media Planning & Buying, and award-winning creative teams. The Mistress Social Brand Manager has an opportunity to work directly with Partners and Senior Leadership.
The core tasks of the job are two-fold:
- Ensure that Mistress is exceeding client expectations by delivering excellence in all that we do.
- Grow business organically from existing clients: e.g. renewal of an initiative, or expanding the business to include more brands within a client’s portfolio.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS JOB
- A willingness to spend ~30% of your time out of the office to build client relationships (attend meetings in-person, take to lunch, stop by, etc.)
- The ability to balance multiple well-known brands across Entertainment, Beverage, Food, Travel and more.
- A built-in, intense passion, curiosity and understanding of the latest changes in the digital media landscape. E.g. when Instagram makes a change to Stories, you are the first to know.
- An outgoing, engaging personality with professional maturity.
- Confidence, humor and hunger.
- Happy to get your hands dirty when needed.
- Leave your ego at the door.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Understanding of big picture initiatives, while paying attention to details.
- Ability to drive process forward with an eye on getting things done.
- Brings a laugh, passion and energy to the team.
- Growth of social business from existing clients.
- Represent the needs of the client to the agency and the needs of the agency to the client as the day-to-day client communication lead.
- The gatekeeper and last blessing for all work and thinking that gets sent to the client.
- The lead on new design, executional and project briefs that come through the clients.
- The Creative Project Manager’s partner and confidant in managing/creating schedules and keeping projects on time and budget.
- The Social Team’s main go-to set of hands and ears for all elements of ever-shifting client needs and production challenges.
- The judge of when to escalate or communicate the good, bad and in-between.
- 3-5 years of experience in strategically driven, creative ad agencies with digital, social and cross-media experience.
- Previous experience in client services at ad agencies and building organic business.
- Experience on social media efforts for large, well-known brands with some concentration in the Entertainment category.
- Strong core competency in brand management: successfully collaborating with internal teams, developing strong client relationships that are based on earned respect and confidence, and being able to develop/execute a wide range of ideas and solutions.
- Strategic leadership: experience developing brand strategies, writing creative briefs and served, to some degree, as a brand steward.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams that include social strategists, community managers, creative teams, project management, media, technology, data analysts and more.
- Desire to be a leader, passionate about involving others and having fun.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Must love dogs.
Get In Touch
Thank you for your email and for your interest in Mistress.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.