Location: Santa Monica CA
Date Posted: 2018-05-25
Mistress is looking for a freelance to full-time graphic designer/animator (AKA: DESIGN-A-MATOR) to work in our various array of clients that range from sports, tech, fast casual restaurants, distilled spirits, packaged food goods, retail, and entertainment.
Our ideal candidate is not only excels in the craft and execution of making great graphic design/animation but is also a thinker, a doer, and a self-starter. Someone who has the ability to manage their own workload, understand internal and external deadlines, can adapt in a fast-paced working environment, all while remaining accountable and wanting to use their talent to have a voice in the world of design and advertising.
The best candidates will have the ability to crank out work efficiently meeting deadlines, great attention to detail, have ability to address feedback in a timely manner, and be highly organized, proactive and possess a deadline-driven personality.
Please make sure to submit portfolio link along with CV/resume for consideration.
- Follow creative direction to create multiple size and formats for multiple creative applications quickly and in a highly organized fashion.
- Collaborate fluidly with creative team on ideation, exploration, concept development, and final execution and deliverables.
- Maintain consistent communication with Project Manager to ensure that all milestones and expectations are being met within scope boundaries.
- Self-track time to ensure scope boundaries and timely delivery to client.
- Support design team in general, including brand research, strategy assessment, stock photo searches, etc.
- Additional responsibilities to be assigned as needed
- Minimum two to three years’ design experience in a creative/ad agency with demonstrated results in a graphic design and animation.
- Proven expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, working knowledge of Cinema 4D and Google Presentation Products.
- Exceptional level of animation and some 3D expertise
- Demonstrated high degree of proficiency in typography and visual composition is essential
- Strong organizational skills and hold a strong overview of the project and take responsibility for key elements
- Approach work with an open, flexible outlook and a focus on best results
- Calmness and coolness in the face of tight situations
- Able to discuss design work with clients and peers, both in face-to-face meetings and within email (or project management software)
- Familiarity with project management software (Wrike, Trello, or Slack)
- Flexibility to work with ever-changing timelines within strict global deadlines and scope/budget
- Must love dogs
Get In Touch
Thank you for your interest in Mistress.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.