Location: Santa Monica CA
Date Posted: 2018-07-09
At Mistress, we have a rebundled vision for the future. One where strategy, creative, media, production, and social/digital expertise not only sit under one roof, but work iteratively together – in a way that the old agency model simply doesn’t allow.
At Mistress, the Group Director of Media Services will build and manage the rapidly growing Mistress media business and team. We’re looking for an engine of growth for not just the media department but for the agency. Our ambitious growth plans for our team and capabilities make a talent network vitally important. This means having go-to people as well as participation and connections more broadly that can help reliably build the team.
The ideal candidate has had deep exposure and experience functionally with all types of media, but is also a proven leader, manager, and team builder. We are seeking that rare and special person who can inspire clients with innovative, thoughtful strategies and plans, but also rigorously run a team to successfully deliver the execution of cross-channel, integrated marketing programs across a wide range of businesses.
- Exceptional media skills overall — strategic thinking, innovative ideas / techniques, stellar negotiating skills, insightful analysis
- Design and champion innovative, sophisticated media strategies and campaigns that deliver against the client’s goals and drive unique value for our clients
- Consult with individual client media teams as needed to ensure best practices are being used and to brainstorm new approaches to achieving client goals
- Develop and maintain agency media and measurement frameworks which steer and monitor progress and work quality across clients
- Create an inspiring culture within the media team which promotes career growth and job satisfaction
- Develop strong relationships with senior clients
- Act as an agency resource on the latest news and technologies that affect our industry and clients
- Develop and articulate the agency’s media proposition for new clients
- Take leading role in new business activity as required, crafting storylines that help us maintain our stellar win ratio
- Develops and maintains strong vendor relationships (esp. digital) across US marketplaces to cultivate integrated marketing platforms and find solutions to client challenges
- Effectively manage cross-functional initiatives and relationships in close partnership with other department leads and champion cross-team sharing.
- Responsible for recruiting and retaining top talent, growing the team to deliver on client and agency goals
- Lead department functions such as investigating and recommending new media technology and tools, proposing ways to streamline processes and produces, and designing staff structure
- Provide strategic thought leadership to drive client goals and promote Mistress’s voice in the industry – Publish at least 2x Articles to the Mistress Blog per year
- Effectively lead multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously; troubleshoot and mitigate risks, as well as ensure effective communication around the plans
- Collaborate with New Business Director in scoping yearly client contracts and additional proposals; ensure account profitability
- Enter (and win!) awards
- Review final reconciliation of campaign and authorize client refunds if appropriate
- Minimum 10+ years of media experience in a supervisory capacity with extensive planning and digital knowledge
- You maintain and develop strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (clients, media vendors)
- Superior client service experience with proven ability to provide strategic media plans
- Excellent leadership ability to drive team to deliver results
- Team oriented – approachable and viewed as coach and mentor to others
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills – effectively presents formal POV internally and externally
- Critical assessor of talent – builds and motivates high performing teams
- Demonstrated critical thinking skill and strong problem-solving skills – navigates effectively through difficult issues, builds required consensus to drive business needs and results
- You have strong relationships (and reputation) in the media vendor community
- Demonstrated client management and consultative selling skills as well as the ability to interact at all levels of management, including the executive level, to advocate and influence in support of a vision and direction
- An entrepreneurial spirit, desire to “change the game”, a self-starter, and thinks outside of the box
- Ability to think on one’s feet and manage dynamic situations and environments
- Willing to jump in and get your hands dirty whatever the project
- You are knowledgeable about the ever changing media landscape, trends, and challenges, including both online and offline concerns.
- High Excel proficiency, including the use of functions, filters and Pivot Tables.
Get In Touch
Thank you for your interest in Mistress.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.