Location: Santa Monica CA
Date Posted: 2018-03-12
With a client roster including Sambazon, QDOBA, STARZ, FX, and SnackNation to name a few, and with several other recent account wins, Mistress is looking to build on its momentum by bringing on a Sales and Marketing Coordinator who can help lead our new business efforts. As only the second person on the New Business and Marketing team, you will have direct exposure into all the inner workings of a successful ad agency and will work closely with various departments including creative, brand strategy, and social media.
Our ideal candidate is one-part creative, one-part entrepreneur, and one-part project manager, excited and ready to help lead our agency into the next phase of growth.
What you need for this job:
- Love of the art and science of advertising
- Creative mind coupled with business acumen
- An outgoing, engaging personality with professional maturity
- Confidence, humor and hunger to learn how to successfully build and grow an agency.
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Feeling comfortable with outreach initiatives, including cold emailing; persistence in following-up
- Happy to get your hands dirty when needed and without ego
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, collaborative environment
- Strength in differing areas – communications, writing, research, project management
In this role, you will be responsible for leading all day-to-day activities that drive agency growth, including:
- Helping set and optimize Mistress’s general growth strategy;
- Managing and leading projects that require working closely with other agency functions including creative, social media, and brand strategy to coordinate;
- Building lists of our target clients (think: you’re favorite brands) and daily email and phone outreach to get meetings with key decision makers;
- Creating and managing monthly newsletters;
- Submitting work to creative award shows such as Cannes, One Show and Shorty’s.
- Researching prospective clients and organizing the information into succinct presentations for senior management;
- Writing about agency news for our website or press releases; managing our PR team to ensure agency news is consistently being pushed out to the right media channels;
- Consistently updating the agency’s website with recent news;
- Working with the social media team to promote the agency on owned media channels;
- Helping coordinate and craft RFP responses;
- Helping ideate and lead other new business initiatives.
- Minimum 2 years experience in an account management, sales or a business development role; creative/ad agency experience strongly preferred
- Comfortable with using CRM (Hubspot)
- BA/BS Degree (Business or Marketing preferred)
- Proficient with Google Apps (Gmail, Slides, Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to write and proof content with great accuracy
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
- Willingness to fully support the needs of the department, recognizing that some assignments may be administrative and that long hours may be necessary
- Must Love Dogs
Get In Touch
Thank you for your interest in Mistress.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.